DOCTOR OF PHYSICAL THERAPY (DPT) PROGRAM
MC College of Medical & Allied Health Sciences DPT is a 5-year; full-time undergraduate program and the curriculum have been approved by Higher Education Commission (HEC) Pakistan & the college is affiliated with Jinnah Sindh Medical University Karachi. The college aims to train physical therapy professionals according to national and international standards.
The program has a limited number of student’s intake once a year that has training in classrooms, online, laboratories, and clinical learning areas.Students participate in two 18-weeks semesters a year and undertake 6 clinical rotations during the program in relevant clinical settings. During the training, students have the opportunity to interact with other health care professionals as well as students from other health care professions.
Vision & Mission
The vision of the Doctor of Physical Therapy (DPT) Program is to:
- Be the leader in the provision of excellence in physical therapy education & research.
- Provide and promote physical therapy services that are based on ethics and reflect socio-economic needs.
- Promote physical therapy services that meet the requirements of the local national and international communities.
The mission of the institute is to facilitate faculty and researchers to transfer knowledge and skills that translate into behaviors to serve the needs of the communities. Provide equal opportunities to students, teachers, staff, and community in all aspects of treatment, professional development, and lifelong learning. To prepare professional doctoral physical therapists having critical thinking, problem-solving, and reflective practice skills that could be adapted ineffective service delivery related to patient needs and within the parameters of ethical values.
The College aims
- Provide innovative physical therapy education at the professional level to meet the local, national, and international demands to train more health care professionals by 2030.
- Promote and establish high quality educational and clinical services by professional and post-professional physical therapist graduates through seminars, workshops, and e-learning facilities.
- Encourage professional and post-professional physical therapists to undertake research to influence national and international physical therapy service delivery policies in education and clinical areas.
- Provide a specific and unique learning environment that is efficient and based on integration of theory into practice, skill development, and clinical practice.
- Promote awareness about the physical therapy profession as a whole in the wide community.
Eligibility Criteria for Admission
Admission is highly competitive in DPT program and only limited number of students a year will be allowed to enroll in the program. To be eligible for admission, students must have intermediate (pre-medical) OR Equivalent qualifications with 60% Marks.
How to apply
To apply to the MC College of Medical & Allied Health Sciences Doctor of Physical Therapy (DPT) program, students must complete the application form which could be obtained from the admission office of the college.
Students may apply through the web Application Service online Apply Online. Successful students will be informed to pay appropriate fee to confirm their place in the course before the start of the course.
The curriculum of the 5- years DPT program has been approved by Higher Education Commission Pakistan (HEC) and Jinnah Sindh Medical University Karachi detailed below.
SCHEME OF STUDIES
DOCTOR OF PHYSICAL THERAPY (DPT)
· This scheme of curriculum is also applicable to annual system; in which two consecutive semesters will be considered as one professional year.
- Credit hours distribution is as following:
one credit hour shall be equal to one hour of teaching per week throughout the semester.
Practical / lab:
one credit hour shall be equal to two hours of lab work per week throughout the semester.
Clinical: one credit hour shall be equal to three hours of clinical work per week throughout the semester.
One credit hour shall be equal to three hours of research work per week throughout the semester.
The cost the Doctor of Physical Therapy (DPT) program is affordable at the MC College of Medical & Allied Health Sciences. The College aims to provide low cost high quality education to the community.
For more details about tuition and fees, please visit the college office or contact the college via telephone.
Academic Policies & procedures
Academic policies of Jinnah Sindh Medical University Karachi will be followed